HOW TO GET TO NICOSIA
Transportation from both Larnaca (44 Km) and Paphos (150 Km) International Airport or from the Limassol Port (82 Km), to Nicosia, is by taxi.
From Larnaca Airport:
- Rent a taxi to Nicosia (about 60) or
- Rent a seat in a service taxi to Nicosia (about 7).
From Paphos Airport:
- Rent a taxi to Nicosia (about 120) or
- Rent a taxi to the centre of Paphos (about 11), and rent a seat in a service taxi to Nicosia (about 14).
From Limassol Port:
- Rent a taxi to Nicosia, (about 85) or.
- Rent a taxi to the centre of Limassol (about 11), and rent a seat in a service taxi to Nicosia (about 7)
Urban Buses Network
Nicosia has an organised network of Urban
Busses that is managed by the Nicosia Bus Company Ltd.
All the bus routes start at the Solomos Square terminal
in the centre of the city and cover all the areas of
the city. Buses run every 20 to 30 minutes depending
on their destination while on weekends they run less
frequently. For more information as well as for the
current fares you can call the Nicosia Bus Company
In addition, Nicosia Municipality runs its own busses,
the well-known Yellow Busses that cover the city within
the walls. There is no fare charge for these routes.
There are many taxi companies in Nicosia. In order
to take a taxi you have to call one of the taxi companies.
The taxi will come pick you up from where you are.
Besides the taxi companies, there is a taxi rank at
the Eleftheria Square (City Centre) where you can find
taxis twenty-four hours a day. Taxi fares are regulated
by law and taxi drivers are obligated to use a taximeter.
For a Taxi Company, you can search the webpage http://126.96.36.199/iyp/iyp?iyp.f=normal_search&iyp.d=YP&iyp.l
=el_CY&iyp.v=1.1&iyp.ax_gl=en_GB and select ΤΑΧΙ at Category.