Nicosia Municipality - Saint Savvas
Saint Savvas

The church stands on the corner of St.Savvas and Aeschylus streets. It was built in 1850-51 on the foundations of an earlier church, probably Byzantine. lt is a two aisled building with four entrances and a portico built most probably in 1900 when the belfry was built too. The south wall of the church most probably belongs to the previous church. Though the church has no architectural interest, nevertheless it contains some old portable icons as well as some old furniture